If you haven’t had a chance to read the first post of this series, It’s a Dolphin!!! ,click the link and read it now =)
God gave you the blessings but you are missing them! We are so wrapped up in what we don’t have that we are not able to fully appreciate what’s already in our possession. We are so wrapped up in where we want to be that we are not taking the time to breathe and appreciate where we are. We are so wrapped up in how everyone else is being blessed that we don’t recognize and appreciate how God is working in our own lives.
Today I encourage you to take time to think about, write down, or speak your current blessings. It doesn’t matter how many you write, just praise God for what He has already done. Appreciate Him! I’ll start.
1. I have the opportunity to write and publish everyday
2. If I want to get up and ride my bike, I can
3. I have the opportunity to volunteer in a greater capacity in a pregnancy center (I prayed for this for about a year. I started out cleaning up etc)
4. I get to spend time with my family
5. I have the opportunity to give
6. I have gotten to meet some of the coolest most talented people ever
7. I have checked a couple more things off my bucket list
8. My relationship with God has improved
Of course I’m grateful for being able to breathe on my own, walk, talk, use the bathroom alone, Jesus, salvation, and forgiveness. But sometimes it helps me to get a little more specific with it because I don’t always see God working until I slow down and take notice. I prayed for those things I listed above, but almost missed them worried about my tomorrow.
Take some time to write yours in the comment section below or in your personal journal…either way make it happen.
If you missed the first 6 days, catch up here:
Day 1: It's a Dolphin
Day 2:Finding the privilege in your low moments
Day 3: You’re too caught up in you.
Day 4: Let the sea lions teach you a lesson
Day 5: Motives. Why do you want it?
Day 6: What has your impatience caused you to miss out on?
Melanie N. Lee
I just REALLY love Jesus!!!
Get blogs straight to your inbox